Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Astrix?
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astrix?

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 01:20
Astrix to me, live & in photo's, always looked like the kind of greasy guy at gigs that I would have loved to have well basically decked for being a greasy douche bag, and his music is pretty much the same quality as his look. Greasy, slick and IMO not psychedelic at all!

I took numerous psychoactives and heard his music and similar played and it was BORING!           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 02:27
I know Avi in personal for more than 10 years and i can tell you that no matter what you think about his music as a person he is a very friendly and down to earth human being who is great to hang out with.

About his music now, when i heard the first Astrix tunes on minidisc before many many years it was something amazing and tottally innovative for me, tracks like Valirus, Optical Vibes and Pure Energy that were a mix between psychedelic trance, club trance and progressive trance, for that time this was absolutely great because back then the Iboga sound was still very underground (and much more minimal if you ask me) and the Astrix tracks were favorite among people who loved good psychedelic trance but also to people who listened to more progressive sound (Atmos, S Range and SBK for example).

Avi was ahead of his time in his first tracks and he was ahead of his time when he produced massive tunes like Scientific Reality, Visions and Noise Freak that actually created the full on frenzy in Israel where everyone wanted to become like Astrix.

The man was a true artist because he created something NEW and ORIGINAL which was also GOOD.

The fact that thousands of kids tried to copy him and sound like him with no success isnt something that one can blame him for.

The only thing that i blame Avi for is that he left his very first style and never touched it again and decided to move to more full on and lately even more commercial directions, for me Avi can do wonders in various diverse styles (from psychedelic trance to progressive trance and from ambient to downtempo) and he owes it both to himself and to the good music fans out there to try and experiment a little and create a unique album featuring all styles and tempos.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 09:48
Quote:

On 2010-02-23 21:22, Beat Agency wrote:
"like Astral Projection are the fathers of goa trance."

I wish people would stop writing such nonsense!

goa, not trance
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 10:22
Quote:

On 2010-02-25 02:27, DETOX wrote:
I know Avi in personal for more than 10 years and i can tell you that no matter what you think about his music as a person he is a very friendly and down to earth human being who is great to hang out with.

About his music now, when i heard the first Astrix tunes on minidisc before many many years it was something amazing and tottally innovative for me, tracks like Valirus, Optical Vibes and Pure Energy that were a mix between psychedelic trance, club trance and progressive trance, for that time this was absolutely great because back then the Iboga sound was still very underground (and much more minimal if you ask me) and the Astrix tracks were favorite among people who loved good psychedelic trance but also to people who listened to more progressive sound (Atmos, S Range and SBK for example).

Avi was ahead of his time in his first tracks and he was ahead of his time when he produced massive tunes like Scientific Reality, Visions and Noise Freak that actually created the full on frenzy in Israel where everyone wanted to become like Astrix.

The man was a true artist because he created something NEW and ORIGINAL which was also GOOD.

The fact that thousands of kids tried to copy him and sound like him with no success isnt something that one can blame him for.

The only thing that i blame Avi for is that he left his very first style and never touched it again and decided to move to more full on and lately even more commercial directions, for me Avi can do wonders in various diverse styles (from psychedelic trance to progressive trance and from ambient to downtempo) and he owes it both to himself and to the good music fans out there to try and experiment a little and create a unique album featuring all styles and tempos.

You know it would be kinda interesting I've often though to get one of the really classic good full on melody wirters together with one of the top "dark" psy producers and see what comes of it... maybe combining the two could bring about some really psychedelic melodic trance instead of the two seperate genres... ALien Mental vs Astrix           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
Numenor
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 16:57
@buddha monkey, the answer to your post is delirious noon
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 17:07
Quote:

On 2010-02-25 16:57, Numenor wrote:
@buddha monkey, the answer to your post is delirious noon

not exactly but yea pretty nice actually!           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Feb 25, 2010 23:16
hehe im with buddha monkey
iv always wondered what it would be like to take 2 ends of the spectrum and tie them back together ...
ovnimoon vs para halu? protoculture vs kindzadza? hehe any other combination like that would be interesting to see where it would go ...
          www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 03:57
Well, there are the Zolod and MFG tracks on Deja Vu Fabrique, and the (less interesting imo) Zolod GMS remix on v/a Meaning of Life.

Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 08:22
its MFC mate. not MFG..
http://www.discogs.com/artist/M.F.C.

cheers!           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 08:33
ooohhhhhhhh.

Just dug out the cd case and looked at it. That is a C after all. Looks kinda like a G though.

headyatail2000
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 21:34
aiiii!...dun have the cd cover wit me 2 stare at it..! is it C??!! Who's MFC???????????????           <~< "the best things in life aren't things" - art buchwald >~>
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 21:57
Missiles and Fire Control           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
blom

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 22:36
Quote:

On 2010-02-25 23:16, squirm wrote:
hehe im with buddha monkey
iv always wondered what it would be like to take 2 ends of the spectrum and tie them back together ...
ovnimoon vs para halu? protoculture vs kindzadza? hehe any other combination like that would be interesting to see where it would go ...

+1 for that would be very interesting! But maybe the example is not the best if you really want to showcase two ends of the spectrum. I mean Para Halu is not necessarly one of the ends. Just check out this from the latest album, already pretty much progressive IMO (as well as some of his earlier music combined prog and goa with "dark")

man i would like to hear how an Astrix VS Para Halu track could turn out to be
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Feb 26, 2010 22:54
Psytrance can be divided as Before Astrix and After Astrix.
Before Astrix was good, really something words can't describe. After Astrix was nothing, at all.

Man is good, but he brought only bad things to psy.
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 27, 2010 01:05
Quote:

On 2010-02-26 22:54, goa-ganges wrote:
Man is good, but he brought only bad things to psy.

The people that tried to copy him brought bad things to psy,not Astrix.

You cant blame the man for making good music that stupid kids tried to copy.

Also keep in mind that Astrix appeared in a time that computers and the internet gained global exposure and accessibility so everybody could buy a computer and have access to the internet and try to make music just by using software something that wasnt possible 3-4 years before when a computer cost a small fortune and people were saving money for 3-4 months to buy a cd recorder (that copied a cd in an hour).

Astrix appeared in a critical time for the music and technology itself but you cant blame him about anything at all.

Also you cant blame Parasense for example who were among the first producing the so called fast dark psy for all the crap on 190bpm that appears in our days.

After all (apart the kids trying to copy him) its not Astrix's fault that old respected artists stopped producing psy trance and started producing cheesy progressive house and minimal techno in an effort to invade the progressive and techno scenes where more money and fame are present.Neither its Astrix's fault that half the producers moved to Ibiza and somehow decided to produce more mainstream music ignoring their roots which ofcourse is their right but this is something that dissapointed most of their fans including myself ofcourse.

Who and what destroyed the psy trance scene is a big story but this is not the place or time for this discussion to take place.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Astrix?
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance