Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Astrix?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astrix?

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Feb 19, 2010 16:22
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 16:17, Nathan wrote:
Disco hooligans: Astrix is not responsible for the full on copycats. He is the father of full on, like Astral Projection are the fathers of goa trance. Blame the crowd for the low standards. Blame the people for asking for this cheesy music. Blame the new artists for not being original. Blame the labels for all these reasons.

Astix albums are gr8. I don't know how his new album will sound but I hope it will be fresh And Inspiring.

I did not say he is responsible for it, I can only assume the man simply made the music he liked.
Like you said, its the clones that are responsible for this.
I also don't blame the young ages, I was young once and I did dance to a lot of music that I would not dance to today, its part of discovering something, getting super excited about it and then you simply start to grow up musically and start digging in more to find the really great stuff, to quench your thirst.

And for me AP are not the fathers of Goa trance, Steve Martin is, but that is a whole different story.          
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Feb 19, 2010 16:27
Steve Martin?           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Feb 19, 2010 16:28
hehehe not the actor obviously           
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Feb 19, 2010 16:31
Opps, I meant Martin Freeland           
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Feb 19, 2010 16:47
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 14:10, makus wrote:
I went to google and researched a bit and found out a site where it was mentioned something like he had a back surgery of some kind... hope it is not true, though.

that could be true, cos last time in Delhi he could only play for 45 minutes, that too while sitting down on a chair, due to some back problems.

Hope he is fine now.

But i dont like Astrix sound!           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 00:54
how the fuck is astral projection the father of goa trance?

That title belongs to JUNO REACTOR!!
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 01:41
good choice was not releasing this album. as i heard the album sample in his myspace it sounded crap!

his album 'Artcore' was great and since then everything sound crap..

he had good dayz.. but he lost his touch. and his djset/live very very boring           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 02:54
Quote:

On 2010-02-22 00:54, Shiranui wrote:

That title belongs to JUNO REACTOR!!

I don't think anyone really deserves this title. It was definately a collective effort
V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 12:35
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 15:56, disco hooligans wrote:

but the music it self gave birth to the "all ready chewed up and ready for the listener to digest", era.

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 16:22, disco hooligans wrote:

I did not say he is responsible for it

By saying his music gave birth to it you are clearly stating in your opinion he is responsible for it.

Giving birth means he is the parent, and a parent is alway responsible for his/her child.

F41L!           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Feb 22, 2010 13:45
Quote:

On 2010-02-22 12:35, Buddha Monkey wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 15:56, disco hooligans wrote:

but the music it self gave birth to the "all ready chewed up and ready for the listener to digest", era.

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 16:22, disco hooligans wrote:

I did not say he is responsible for it

By saying his music gave birth to it you are clearly stating in your opinion he is responsible for it.

Giving birth means he is the parent, and a parent is alway responsible for his/her child.

F41L!

Well, let's just read what there is on the screen shall we?
One sentence says about Astrix's music, revolutionizing the scene in a way, where the deep, intricate, serious drive and psychedelia, where replaced by easy to digest, candy lead lines and ultra cheesy sound design. To that he gave birth, i.e. he was the first one to make it.

The other sentence talks about Astrix clones, i.e. people that did the exact same thing as him...if you remember them times, there was a lot of different kinds of cheese being made left and right, from Ibiza, South Africa. Same kind of candy vibe, yet different from Astrix's music, in the sense that the Israelis that cloned his work, did it so well, you could barely distinguish any of the tunes back...it all sounded so samey, you thought it was one big group of artists sitting in the same studio, using the same tools, mixing the same way.
For that he is not responsible, but the credit such an action from your fellow produces, represents, only asserted his style as the new "in" thing. The new trend of cheese, that was swallowed up by the masses of the new generation of youngsters that were drawn in by that style in the beginning of the millennium.

Read that and spot the difference.
If you couldn't see it, read it again.

Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 15:04
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 16:27, Nathan wrote:
Steve Martin?

i have reason to believe and substantial evidence that Steve is the younger stepbrother of Ricky "Maria-Maria" Martin           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
makus
Overdream

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 15:19
Quote:

On 2010-02-22 00:54, Shiranui wrote:

Yeah, that's impossible! They are father and mother!

www.overdreamstudio.com
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Feb 23, 2010 05:39
As mentioned in this thread...

Astrix's album was delayed due to back surgery. He is still hard at work on the album. As a consolation he released his "One Step Ahead" promo with some new tracks as well as the winners of the Sex Style remix contest.

The album, Red Means Distortion will be released sometime in 2010 I heard from Astrix himself.

You know I've heard a few of his recent tracks, and wasn't that impressed. But historically I have loved all of his music. In addition, some of his newer tracks are still very psychedelic. He clearly still pays homage to his older style and fans, while still attempting to progress the genre in new directions with other tracks.

And I pose the question, if he is trying to branch out and work with more mainstream artists, what is wrong with this???

He's just bringing more people into the light that is "Psytrance" and I think you should all thank the man for that. Psytrance wouldn't have half the culture globally today without Astrix. The only guys in the mainstream scenes who play this music (Christopher Lawrence, John OO Fleming, etc.) discovered this music mostly because of Astrix.

If you look at Astrix's own production, and his taste in music though, he clearly has a love for the "psy" part of psytrance, probably moreso than the majority of full-on artists today.

And I pose another question... Why must the innovation of the style, in new directions be stifled as "cheese" and "crap" by this community? Yes, it sounds different than your psy and goa trance of old. But what do you want, more of the same sounding music? You should appreciate the fact that some artists believe that the only way to further a music style is to recombine elements of other styles, and move in new directions.

I also would like to say that the reaction to "young people" in the scene blows my mind. Of course people less than 18 at parties is a bit "odd" to the old heads, but it does happen. Personally I think the best parties are 18+, but I don't see too many younger fans at our psytrance parties anyway. If they really feel that they want to hear the music, why not let them? If the old heads are so determined to be bastards and chase away all the young blood from the scene, what will be left in 10 years? I will tell you, a DEAD SCENE! No music scene can survive without welcoming new and younger fans into the genre. I'm 22 years old, and I've experienced this attitude from people first hand. They think I'm somehow too close to being a "baby" to understand this great "psychedelic" music. I just think this is the same crap as when the 4th graders gang up on the 2nd graders... immature bullshit carried into adulthood. I would rather party with a room full of 16-25 year olds on drugs who enjoy the music, and are there to genuinely have fun with smiles on their faces, than a room full of older people who hate all the people, and all the music, except what they are already familiar with. :|

Variety is the spice of life my friends. You cannot enjoy your favorite things half as much without a counter balance to make your favorite things seem better. If all the music was your favorite psytrance, it would all be the same. But because people like Madonna, and 50-Cent, and pop music that we all probably don't listen to exists, the music we do love, the psytrance/edm just seems better. You can't have good without evil. And exactly what is 'good' and what is 'evil' is entirely up to individual interpretation.
          http://www.soundcloud.com/djKAHN
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 23, 2010 05:52
Cheese needs to DIE!!! Push the sound envelope..!
Crazy Astronaut style hehe !
bOom.!
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 23, 2010 07:24
kahn the issue isn't innovation, it's simplifying and sugar-coating the music. Now I won't say that Astrix necessarily does that (I like Astrix a lot), but a lot of the people who copy him do.

I've attended and many different parties in my area, from teenage happy hardcore candyraves to trance parties where the average age is 30, and even as a young person myself, I've noticed that the younger someone is, the less likely they are to care about the quality of the music and the more likely they just want to get fucked up

Younger people are also, on average, more likely to get a party busted because they don't understand how the authorities work
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Astrix?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance