Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astrix- Red Means Distortion (Hommega, 2010)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astrix- Red Means Distortion (Hommega, 2010)

Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 2, 2010 12:38:51

01 - Astrix - Acid Rocker
02 - Astrix - Mir
03 - Astrix - Take a Shot
04 - Shakta - Lepton Head (Astrix rmx)
05 - Astrix - Antiwar
06 - Astrix - Dharma
07 - Astrix feat. Tom C - Sparks
08 - Delirious - Silver Sky (Astrix rmx)
09 - Emok & NDSA - Harbour Candy (Astrix rmx)
10 - Infected Mushroom feat. Perry Farrell - Killing Time (Astrix rmx)

well, i have always had respect for astrix. he knows how to rock the floor, it's clear he's a musician and its not his fault that everybody and his sister copy/pasted his kickbass and sound, and basically ruined the more full on side of things.

he has his share of gems (underbeat, optical vibes, crystal skulls, valirus, private taste) and to top it all according to discogs he grew up as a Mountain Jew (!!!) in tel aviv, which gotta be super cool.

he dissapeard froy my radar for the last few years with his new album being delayed again and again. i read somewhere that he had very bad back problems, and that is the reason.

so, i decided to give this one a good listen with an open mind, you know, give it a chance, even though there didn't seem to be a lot of hope I'm going to like it considering where astrix & hommega chose to head in the last years (away from my taste).

well, it didnt work out.

this album, while no doubt has tracks that can scorch certain dancefloors, is mostly boring. it all feels like i've heard it before and enjoyed it better then. this is actually the case in some of the tracks (remix to lepton head, antiwar that sounds like another hit from the past but I cant point which one, remixes to NDSA&Emok+IM, use of 'out here we are stoned' sample in mir), i have heard them all before in some form or another. there's no real feel and emotion here, its all very smooth and clean and with the exact right formula, yet it doesn't move the little finger in my left foot even. the best tracks here are the last two remixes, mainly the one to IM. funny, eh? they somehow break the monotony at least.

this album is like a shiny puffed buick with big engine and a lot of chrome- it gets your attention, but who wants to drive and own one?

a shame such a talented guy chose such an uninspiring musical path. tam tagadam tagadam tagadam...

Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Nov 2, 2010 17:37
yes astrix have had alot of hits that i really enjoy and still does. Hes last album was imo 10 times better then this. I thought atleast there would be any track in here that would made me go "wow" but it really wasn't. I'll keep listen to the older tracks he must have made when he still enjoyed this music.

cheers!           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Nov 2, 2010 17:41
Quote:

On 2010-11-02 12:38:51, Bom*shankar wrote:
this album, while no doubt has tracks that can scorch certain dancefloors, is mostly boring. it all feels like i've heard it before and enjoyed it better then. this is actually the case in some of the tracks (remix to lepton head, antiwar that sounds like another hit from the past but I cant point which one, remixes to NDSA&Emok+IM, use of 'out here we are stoned' sample in mir), i have heard them all before in some form or another. there's no real feel and emotion here, its all very smooth and clean and with the exact right formula, yet it doesn't move the little finger in my left foot even.

a shame such a talented guy chose such an uninspiring musical path. tam tagadam tagadam tagadam...

I Agree!          For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
kabbalisticvillage
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  231
Posted : Nov 9, 2010 15:21
I thought Dharma and sparks were really good but besides that i guess ur right it is the same           www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage
http://www.facebook.com/KabbalisticVillage

The Greatest Sophistication is figuring out how not to be sophisticated
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Nov 9, 2010 17:38
Astrix music earlier was Fuckin A!!!!!!!!!

Scientific Reality and Adventure Mode my fav.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Nov 11, 2010 01:28
Good album. Mir & antiwar are 2 of his best tracks ever imho.

My Hebreview:

http://www.layla.co.il/ContentView/ContentView.aspx?cimid=161347           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Nov 13, 2010 17:02
disapointing,always the same stuff , it sound like remix of remix of remix ,let it rip. (well maybe it s good for someone new ,when you hear this since almost a decade it get boring and when there is little evolution in his sound it s to get worst with the pop/cheesy influence).
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Dec 3, 2010 13:24
In one word : boring (for me).
Dreamkeeper

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 16, 2011 11:49
Quote:

On 2010-11-09 15:21, kabbalisticvillage wrote:
I thought Dharma and sparks were really good but besides that i guess ur right it is the same

agree +1
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astrix- Red Means Distortion (Hommega, 2010)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance