Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Any Suggestions on High End Stereo Equipment for Psytrance
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Any Suggestions on High End Stereo Equipment for Psytrance

jackierogersjr

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 7, 2012 04:05:50
Hi -

Does anyone have any suggestions on what high end stereo equipment and speakers sound great for Psytrance? This would be for playing at home (I live in an apartment).

I.e. amp/receiver, other components, speakers (5.1)

I'm looking to spend about $4,000 to $10,000 on the speakers (including sub woofer, center, etc..) and another $4,000 to $10,000 on the components (amp, etc..)

For speakers, I find that the Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5s with a good subwoofer sound very good with Psytrance, but I am open to the suggestion of pros.

Any suggestions out there?

Many Thanks.
supergroover
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Apr 7, 2012 10:23
I don't think there are many psytrancers with a budget like this.. It should also sound good on any system that costs more than 4000$. So I'd go to a audio store and listen to alot of different speakers. Then choose the ones you like best.           soundcloud.com/supergroover
klippel
Stereofeld

Started Topics :  91
Posted : Apr 7, 2012 14:15
nice budget dude
there is SO many stuff out there best thing to do is visit a proper shop and then decide.

something you could start looking at with big balls and tight bass is a b&w 802d
they sound very good with classé or pass amps .. maybe find a dealer somewhere near you and listen to that. also dynaudio speakers are very good.           http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Apr 7, 2012 20:20
+1
dynaudio have great ones..
the b&w you might need subwoofers
TuneUnit

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 8, 2012 14:55
one good suggestion is to not start 5 identical topics           If music were god, then genres are a lot like religion
klippel
Stereofeld

Posted : Apr 8, 2012 15:41
i guess that was not done on purpose?

@pom: with an 802d you do not "need" subwoofers mate ;-) they are massive in both sound and bass, very tight though and not just big in your face.           http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 8, 2012 19:37
klippel dunno never heard them but this set up with 2 subs is popular for mastering .
but in fact i doubt it s what he is after, you will have a hard time to find some psytrance to enjoy on high quality neutral speakers the average production is too low.
klippel
Stereofeld

Posted : Apr 8, 2012 20:43
you are right pom, you actually get away better with some less high resolving speakers for "just" psy listening.
(and most of the other music as well to be honest because there is so much bad recorded stuff out there)           http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
jackierogersjr

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 9, 2012 18:23
Thanks Guys - I am going to listen to both the B&W (they are huge in size) and the dynaudio - dynaudio has a new series called XEO that are wireless - not sure if the sound quality stays but it's digital.

I didn't know that Psytrance is poorly produced. I thought it was some of the best produced music out there. I guess you can learn something new.

Any other suggestions help.

THANKS!
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Apr 9, 2012 18:49
...just like any other type of music, there is stuff that's produced well and stuff that's produced poorly.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 9, 2012 19:19
Quote:

On 2012-04-09 18:23, jackierogersjr wrote:
Thanks Guys - I am going to listen to both the B&W (they are huge in size) and the dynaudio - dynaudio has a new series called XEO that are wireless - not sure if the sound quality stays but it's digital.

I didn't know that Psytrance is poorly produced. I thought it was some of the best produced music out there. I guess you can learn something new.

Any other suggestions help.

THANKS!

depends,talking professionaly lot of psytrance production is amateurish cause it s made in not so great condition and buy guys that don't have much experience yet ...it s not like we have access to great studio and have decades of experience
like the others said some stuff sound great some don t in all style but when much more money is involved the average production tend to be better.
psy-junky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 10, 2012 08:53
I am running Ascend Acoustic Sierra -1 with a Emotiva usp-1 preamp and Emotiva upa-2 power amplifier. Soon i am going to be adding an svs sb12-nsd sealed subwoofer as bass is of utmost importance for psytrance.

I suggest you buy salk sound or ascend acoustics, you google for them you can read many reviews. I suggest online direct selling companies because they give way more value for money as middlemen profits for distributors etc. are cut out so value is passed to the customer. The ascend sierra 1 was has been reviewed to sound better than dynaudio focus and many brick and mortar expensive brands. Same is the story with Emotiva and SVS. SVS/Rythmik has a reputation for some of the cleanest sounding subwoofers. They probably have a 30 day in home trial too so you can try them in your own house and return them paying only shipping if your not satisfied. Last but not the least after all this do some room treatment and you should be in audio nirvana.           "Whoever said the best things in life are free... obviously grew their own bud"
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 11, 2012 17:39
http://www.mksoundsystem.com/
Vectorspectre

Posted : Apr 12, 2012 18:50
speakers :
Id start with mackie hr824's or adam a7's then pony up for something good

rack:

preamps/DI : tube and solid state api 3124, jdk mk2, reddi, apa juggernaut, thermionic rooster, pacifica, 1073's many clones.

culture vulture must have for edm producers
compressor: dbx160, distressors , ubk fatso,urei 1176 or m77
eq massive passive or gml 8200 go great in tandem. api lunchbox with 550a 550b and chandler lil devil. a designs peq too..

oh yeah and a h8000 with eve net.

converters: im partial to apogee but there are plenty out there.

then you will need a summing mixer to come out of daw and use outboard gear. dangerous 2buss is a good choice here.

my .02

la2a and 1176 for bass

that should tear through 20g's no problem..

Vectorspectre

Posted : Apr 14, 2012 16:39
Sorry the post above was supposed to post in the forum asking for studio gear.

But for your situation .. How many psytrance records are mixed in 5.1? You would benefit more from a high end 2 channel set up and a 2-4 subs. B&W have excellent loudspeakers.. focal, triad, Adam,plenty of high end towers. JL audio subs they will knock your teeth out.

Also look into the design of the speaker.. A bi amped speaker will perform better , a 3 way box will separate the components and allow more power less harmonic distortion smooth freq response.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Any Suggestions on High End Stereo Equipment for Psytrance

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance