Trance Forum » » Forum  India - Any info on Pondicherry
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Any info on Pondicherry

phazed
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 25, 2009 14:58:14

Am heading there this weekend... heard its really HOT right now!
Would appreciate any info on some nice places to stay / chillout / eat / visit / swim / have a picnic

Also any other recommendations on things to do or see.
Pls share any info if you have been or had some good experience in Pondicherry.

PM if necessary

thanks!!!
          -.-. .... --- --- ... . / .-.. --- ...- .
sahith8

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 25, 2009 17:32
chek out the aurville side dude.place to chill around n places to eat i guess rondevu ull have fun wid fud n gud alcohol.have fun           without love there is no infinity
psyd

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 26, 2009 00:37
http://www.pondicherrytourism.org/

Check this link.Could be quite helpful.
My suggestion is don't plan out your trip,everything will fall into place once you are on it.
Peace Ho           After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
aCIDISGOD

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 26, 2009 00:44
It s so peaceful there that you ll get sick of the peace.

Go to the Auro beach on ECR there you can find elevated tatched huts for accomodation. The Aurovile guys are a lil snobby and wont let ya stay there or anything but turn right after the Auro beach gate and there are a few places that rent out these tatched huts. And the beer is cheap and the surf's I guess you can good i think rent long boards and body boards if you re into it!

Have Fun.
Guardian of the Eastern Dark.
phazed
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 26, 2009 08:08
Thanks for the reply guys!

Would be awesome to hit the surf!!
Hows goin larry baba?
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Sep 26, 2009 09:29
Quote:

On 2009-09-26 00:44, aCIDISGOD wrote:

And the beer is cheap

that's a valid enough reason to go to pondi           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
ThirdEyeFantasy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 28, 2009 12:49
Pondicherry is Nice....
Divided roughly into WHITE PONDY, BLACK PONDY and AUROVILLE.

You can find some guest houses on M.G. Road that would work out fine. The rooms on BEach road are quite expensive - 1800/ day
you could Stay at the Ashram guest houses. No smoke or non-veg or drinks inside the guest houses. But you can save up alot of money staying there. Gates close at 10 pm. Room Cost:150 bucks / day.

Try out the 'Le space Cafe' in White Pondy. Open in the evenings till late night. This cafe reminds me of the Baksungnath leisure.

Its truly said about the place - PONDICHERRY 'Give time a break'

No Parties.... Unless you meet up with some really positive crazzy people at LE SPACE and have your own thing.

you'll find a truck load of Idle French people with loads of money and another truck load of time on their hands.

Take a bike on rent from canal street (lots of bikes on rent shops on that stretch) and take a ride down to the Crocodile bank on ECR ( east coat road ).... I believe there are also some cave wrecks to watch, that have come above sea after the tsunami.

The Cops are easy going. Theres a statue on Beach road, some great thinker who made the odessey to Pondicherry. Its right at the end of the beach road.....there is this mad looking phirangi baba. Spend some time with him in the mornings.... he'll take you on a good trip with his discourses.....Not to miss.

And last but not the least. There are no beaches in the Main Pondicherry city. You have to ride quite a bit to find quite a few virgin beaches a little outside the city, somewhere on the auroville road, where you could just sit under the sun and catch some creepy Shell Fish. ;-)

--------------------------------------

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Sep 28, 2009 17:19
Quote:

On 2009-09-26 08:08, phazed wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys!

Would be awesome to hit the surf!!
Hows goin larry baba?

you went bro? how was it?           Nothing is said that has not been said before.
phazed
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 8, 2009 22:37
^ yeh man!
Pondi is quite slow and very sleepy ol town. Not much to do really. But had a good time anyway with friends and was stayin at Villa Pondicherry.

Le Space is the best cafe that i visted...
very nice n comfy vibe.. n yeh villa pondi n the guys out there very nice. awesome artwork and woodwork all over!

had a small picnic in the Auroville woods coz reached after 5pm and everything closes by 4.
So didnt really get to see Auroville too much
auroville beach wasnt so great... waters were muddy and seemed like strong currents coz the beach is very steep... not so clean also.
Went to Paradise Beach for a late night picnic with some local fellows. Very good scene im sure its beautiful in the day. I was too drunk to remember the walk back hehe.

I guess Mahabalipuram is better if ya wanna go swimming. Seemed like many resorts around.

Been hearing about some nice cafe called MoonRakers(?) near Mahabalipuram. Couldnt find it though.

mantramandalamoon

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 9, 2009 20:30
@Phazed: Yeah MoonRakers is in Mahabalipuram, like the 2nd left as soon as u pay the toll etc. Nice Southern style seafood If you're still south side and wanna check out some sights and sounds, please feel free to PM

Although, if anyone is wandering through Mahabalipuram, would recommend this place called 'Le Yogi', tibetan style covered rooftop cafe, Bholenath friendly and also run by veryyy sweet people           ~*Quantum Frog Productions*~
Jupiter Toadstool <> Prakriti Engine 2
*~dEsiGneD tO ReArrAngE yOuR miNd~*
hippy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 07:02
Was in Pondi the whole last week and this.... Experienced some Proggy and Psy music at a party. The music dint last too long (something around 4 hours, but was a decent playlist)

Met up with a few ol time Aurovillians....

Most of my time was killed at this place called Seagull. I think the only beach side Restro in Pondi.... No music.. Few people during the day.

Will be back next year. Fingers crossed.

Coming soon....
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - Any info on Pondicherry

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance