Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Anomalistic Behaviors 2CD - 2007 - Anomalistic Records / Geomagnetic.tv
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Anomalistic Behaviors 2CD - 2007 - Anomalistic Records / Geomagnetic.tv

PookztA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 08:34
Track List:

Disc 1
1. Faxi Nadu - Lessons In Science Fiction
2. Shadai - Seven Sense (Live Mix)
3. Onnobot - Cocaine Yoga
4. Faxi Nadu - Looking for Girls
5. Hatteria - High Jacked
6. Arahat - Re-Educated
7. Mubodhi - Casual Coersions
8. Tzolkin Project - Kintzol
9. Kilowatts - Subway

Disc 2
1. Devils Rejects - The Warriors of Atlantida
2. Logarythm - Living Inside
3. Ghost Army - Sexy Dead Girl
4. EarWorm - Nuclear Free
5. Splinter - Hydro Shit
6. Kode Six - Orgy in the South
7. FaceHead - God is Not a DJ
8. Kashyyyk - Exciting
9. Skunk Of Satan - Digital Puke

REVIEW:

Holy shit.

No need to mention that this is the first Anomalistic Records release....

No need to mention that all artists featured on the release are producing from North America....

No need to review the second CD, because the first one is GOOD ENOUGH! BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

The bass lines are crunchy, deep, and rich, always stimulating both hemispheres of your brain. You feel the oscillating frequencies bounce from wall to wall within your head, and you smile as precisely layered synths and crisp, accurate percussion, resonate within.

Some tracks reviewed:

CD1

4. Faxi Nadu - Looking for Girls

This track is very catchy. Extremely groovy, deep bass lines, with precisely layered synths and high-hats flailing over head. With a small hint of "Prodigy," this song definitely got me bouncin'! Great example of power, melody, precision, and distortion, all blended together in this killer track!

5. Hatteria - High Jacked

WOA, step back... Hatteria will blow you out of the water with this ridiculous track! Run a bit slower, at about 146BPM, this track just RUMBLES in the back of your brain. An ever consuming lawn mower of dark destruction, this song will leave you BRAIN WASHED by the time its done! With super clean high-hats, trills, and percussion accompanying a ridiculously powerful bassline, this song will make your legs buckle. Very catchy rhythm and flow, great energy and break downs, an overall astounding track!

7. Mubodhi (Mubali + Bodhisattva 13:20) - Casual Coersions

Again, another HUGE dance floor destroyer coming from North America. This track not only has clear elements from both of these cynical psytrance masters, but definitely has a good portion of fresh material that you can tell has been created by the combined minds of these two musical talents. These boys were meant to be, and I promise you that this track will decimate any doubts you have in either of these artists. Clean, Precise, Powerful, Relentless, Bubbling, Overflowing, and SMOTHERING. this track will leave your brain TIRED... but wait... theres still another CD LEFT!

8. Tzolkin Project - Kintzol

This track is a bit fast for me, its upwards of 155BPM i believe, but is just trance-inducing! Such stimulation buried within the percussion and bassline, once the noises and distortions begin to kick in I realized i was in over my head! Various energizing samples including a ferocious male scream, which totally is well placed to cause a spark of insanity within each and every listener at a very special point in the track. POWERFUL track, always on the attack, pounding your skull with intelligent layering again and again and again. Killer track!

CD2

FaceHead - God is Not a DJ

um, WHERE did this guy come from? not only has he assembled one of the GREATEST comps to come from North America in the last year, but his music is of equivalent magnitude! Deep, crunchy bass, groovy and aggressive highs, and super intelligent progression through layering, this track and Others to come from FaceHead will be leaving a permanent imprint in all of your minds. The dark energy coming from this character is of the purest quality. Totally crisp, totally precise, totally in your face with energy and bass. Pay attention to FaceHead, and more releases from Anomalistic Records, as these guys know exactly what they are doing. KEEP IT UP!

P.S. i only reviewed a few tracks from the 2 CD album, but take my word for it, these tracks alone are worth the purchase. the Second CD is simply a BONUS in my opinion. way too much ridiculous talent on one CD, i am still listening to it non stop and ive owned it for several months now, no lies.

-Abrahm           Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance and Love in the Midwest USA

Quote:
9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 09:29
! maybe someone should do a complete review of this killer cd.          SPLINTER
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 3, 2007 16:12
This is a great release! My favorites are:
(Disc 1) 3(!), 5, 6, 7, 9(!!)
(Disc 2) 1, 2, 4, 6(!), 8(!)

Thanks, Chuk and all the other artists involved!
          http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 16, 2007 16:06
This CD is one of the best dark VAs i've bought for ages, a ton of great tracks on the first CD when usually i'm lucky only to get one good track a cd.

Main thing i have to say though is the mubodhi track is INSANE, easily one of the best tracks i've heard this year.. crazy stuff, wish there was more stuff like it out there.. dancefloor has absolutely gone off all the times i've dropped it.
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 03:52
i heard this cd a few months back and its a cool compilation. it caters to dark and twilight music lovers i believe. the 1st cd was alot more night oriented which isnt really my thing, so i really didnt pay too much attention to it, but the 2nd cd had a some really wicked stuff. i liked the skunks of satan track, even though it was pretty much night stuff. the earworm, kode six and splinter tracks were right up my alley. really dug these tunes. they have a bit of that south african sound to it which is just wicked. i think i liked the splinter track the most from amongst those 3. really mad tune . earworm gets better with every release, and with this being only his 2nd release, was just crazy. really great production and am looking forward to his next tune on metatron's metablast. kode six was also cool, though i didnt like it as much as the splinter track. asides from these tracks i gave ghost army a careful here after hearing alot about them and having heard their promo sometime back. i didn'y dig their tune too much. it lacks the madness of 'pure gonzo'. anyways i think owe this release another look after reading the feedback here. g'luck to anomalistic n the artists involved
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
faxinadu
Faxi Nadu / Elmooht

Started Topics :  282
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 16:51
nice reviews guys, i think the onnobot tune, track 3 is the best on this compo and just an insane killer tune.           
The Way Back
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/album/the-way-back
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Oct 24, 2007 23:06
Ive decided to run a special while supplies last anyone who would like to buy this disc contact me directly and ill sell it to you via paypal for 7$ for both discs

thanks

chuck
Chuk

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 25, 2007 20:15
oh ya sorry add 1.50$ for shipping           www.anomalisticrecords.com
info@anomalisticrecords.com

Benefit V.A. Anomalistic Behaviors Out Now!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Anomalistic Behaviors 2CD - 2007 - Anomalistic Records / Geomagnetic.tv

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance