Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Electronica - Andersen & Borelli feat. Björk - Hidden Place (LFR067)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Andersen & Borelli feat. Björk - Hidden Place (LFR067)

Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 25, 2009 00:38:31
Release Flyer
http://www.loopfreaks.com/flyers/LFR067_out_now.jpg

Behind Andersen & Borelli are two experienced Danes Kris Andersen and Jean Borelli who individually have more than 15 years of involvement in the Global Trance and House scene with countless releases and Hits on International labels.

Hidden Place is a tribute and celebration of Björk and her mesmerising music and Vocals. Original released back in 2001 on her Album "Vespertine" Andersen & Borelli has taken great care in keeping the mood of the Original version while bringing it into 2009's modern sound.
As a bonus Rymdfunk deliver a upbeat Remix to complete this release.

Support from:
Lemon8, Funkagenda, David Morales, Dj Paulo, David Vendetta, Judge Jules, Luca Ricci, Inkfish, Liluca, Peter McGill, Sasha Le Monnier, Chloe Harris, Kev Obrien, Andy Newland, Darin Epsilon, Miss Nine, Dj Science, Matty Styles, Mary Olivetti, Randall Jones, Jon E Bravo, DJ Mindaugelis, dPen, Greg Desty, Los, d-phrag, High Roller$, Bitten Sergei, Lee Bradley and many more.

1. Hidden Place (Original Mix)
2. Hidden Place (Rymdfunk Mix)

Label: Loopfreaks Records
Cat.No.: LFR067
Style: Tech House

Available on Beatport
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/157218/hidden_place

Review (progressivehouse.com)

Reviewed: 4.5/5

Björk's "Hidden Place", from her 2001 album Vespertine, gets a rework from Loopfreaks Records' very own respected dance veterans Andersen & Borelli.

The result proves the value of a Björk vocal on our dance floors, and the execution here from Andersen and Borelli displays such huge maturity. The vocal width becomes a blanket of sound across the dance floor, carefully held together by a simple beat with sparing picks & beeps. The effect is a very nice laidback one and you have to love that deep bass.

The Rymdfunk Mix comes with a certain swing, and the tune delivers a sound more of its own as the vocal sweeps past for a more gusting sound.

Congrats go out to the original on this, the feel is of its own, yet the vocal blends perfectly, offering this as a memorable tune for the early part of the year!

Simon Latham [14-Feb-2009]

Charts

Reached #3 on Progressivehouse Overall Top 20 (Feb 18th, 2009)
Reached #1 on MyPromoPool Tech House Top 20 (Feb 18th, 2009)
Reached #4 on Release Promo Top 50 (Jan 21st, 2009)           www.krisandersen.com
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Feb 26, 2009 13:39
Very surprising release, co-signed by Jean Borelli much better known in this forum as trance hero Orion, one of the very best act back in the day.

I would not have graded it as high, but it's good to know he is still active in the studio, and maybe we can expect something with a more cutting edge approach in the future.
Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 26, 2009 18:16
The release is between Kristian Thinning Andersen (Elysium) and Jean Borelli (Orion).

And it's been rated pretty high by some of the best Dj's in the House/Tech House scene.
          www.krisandersen.com
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 27, 2009 11:06
feat. Bjork????

If electronic artists use previous work of such globally acclaimed vocalist / composer as Bjork, I believe that feat. is little lame...

Its like remixing Pink Floyd and writing on the title feat. Roger Waters...

Comon...

Good luck with the release btw, but the title is little awkward           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 27, 2009 18:06
Why is it lame? It was a specific request from Universal and One Little Indian (The labels that own the rights to "Hidden Place") that we credited Björk this way.

We wanted it to be Björk - Hidden Place (Andersen & Borelli Remix) but they prefered it the other way.

Why not comment on the music for a change           www.krisandersen.com
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2009 01:49
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 18:06, Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks wrote:
Why is it lame? It was a specific request from Universal and One Little Indian (The labels that own the rights to "Hidden Place") that we credited Björk this way.

We wanted it to be Björk - Hidden Place (Andersen & Borelli Remix) but they prefered it the other way.

Why not comment on the music for a change

Personnaly I had the promo, but decided not to review it. I understand it fits the taste of commercial venues, and the Djs who gave it a high grade in Dj mags & webzines operate in such places. But Elysium surely has done some good House... But let's say that my taste for vocals goes to sharper tunes...
Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 4, 2009 08:31
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 01:49, aden wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 18:06, Loopfreaks/Electrofreaks wrote:

Why not comment on the music for a change

Personnaly I had the promo, but decided not to review it. I understand it fits the taste of commercial venues, and the Djs who gave it a high grade in Dj mags & webzines operate in such places. But Elysium surely has done some good House... But let's say that my taste for vocals goes to sharper tunes...

How did you get the promo? I do not recall you are on our promolist? Not that it's not ok. I am just curious           www.krisandersen.com
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 7, 2009 19:23
No worries! I happen to be a reviewer also
@ progressivehouse.com

that's why
Trance Forum » » Forum  Electronica - Andersen & Borelli feat. Björk - Hidden Place (LFR067)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance