Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alienapia - Goapocalipsis (Space Baby Records 2010)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Alienapia - Goapocalipsis (Space Baby Records 2010)

moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 6, 2010 14:11:54
01. Distinctive Perception (1:23)
02. Dharmakaya (7:31)
03. Estimate Of Standing Crop (7:42)
04. High Visual Philosophy (7:20)
05. Inner Poison (8:06)
06. Magic Magnification (7:17)
07. Fear And Anger (8:17)
08. RA - Reign Of Madness (Alienapia rmx)(7:42)
09. Misterika Island (8:31)
10. Remnant (1:04)

It's always been like this in the trance scene: you have an album that is absolutely stunning and defines a new sound... then you have a million copycats stepping in, using the same formula over and over again until you wonder just why the hell are you still in the scene in the first place. And then it happens: out of nowhere a new artist comes and totally blows off all boundaries and sets a new set of rules, making you feel exactly the same way you did when first discovering the scene. This only happens a few times in a decade but IMO when it happens, you feel like all the years you've spent waiting for it to come were totally worth it. Why am I saying this, because THIS album is one of those new rule-setters, the ground breaking release that makes you feel like a teen just discovering the scene. So just who are these guys? A quick check on discogs tells us they're 2 producers from Kiev (Ukraine), already active since 2004 although personally I've never heard about them until last year. Don't know if it's the Chernobyl radiations or something but their style is really out of this world

The opener is a downtempo breakbeat track called Distinctive Perceptionwhich already makes you feel that this album won't be like other stuff out there, but it only lasts 1:24 WTF?? I don't understand why he didn't make a full track out of it, it would've definately been worth it.

Then their style unleashes with full force in Dharmakaya, giving us a fast in-your-face agressive rolling bassline and hoards and hoards of melodies on top, which appears to be the distinctive carachteristic of their sound. It all comes to quite an abrubt ending but there's more to come

Estimate Of Standing Crop starts off with some wierd chanting and some very mysterious pads, then the oldschoolish melodies on top of the fast-paced rolling bassline take over, although personally I like this one a bit less.

High Visual Philosophy is probably the one everyone knows best since it was featured on a comp last year. This is the track that made me want to learn more about these guys although I must say that compared to the other tracks on this comps this is actually the weakest one (which is to say how great the other ones are!!)

Inner Poison was featured on the comp Goatronika, so again I suppose that you already know that one. If you don't, well you shoudl cause it's one of the best trance tracks released this year

Magic Magnification up next with a very in-your-face acid lead, not unlike Tufaan - Probe (in case anyone remembers that one). This one will surely make a LOT of people go crazy on the dancefloors all around the World There's a breakdown around 4:00 and then the style becomes very morningish, almost cheezy. It might come as awkward at first but the more you listen to it the more it makes sense.

Fear and Anger up next, again with that excellent mix of powerful agressive rolling bassline and loads and loads of swirling melodies. And that twisted acid melody coming around 5:40 OMG!!! It really made me want to stand up from my chair and dance.

Reign of Madness starts with a very familiar melody, then you realize that this is a remix of Ra's R.O.M. (BTW thanks for FINALLY letting the masses know what R.O.M. stands for lol for all these years I though it stood for Read Only Memory, I guess I really look stupid now lol). Anyway, R.O.M. was like my absolute favorite last "proper" oldschool track for years and years until the new team of newschool producers started taking over so it means a lot to me to see this name again. But, believe it or not, this is one of the ultra-rare instances where the remix is actually BETTER than the original!

Misterika Island up next which is a collaboration with Agneton and... well, it shows... you get the generic newschool sound that you hear a LOT these days. But stay with it cause around 6:00 starts one of the best melodies I've ever heard. Time for some more dancing while pulling out your hair folks!

The closer is another downtempo track Remnant which only lasts a minute, as if these guys were afraid of showing their softer side, I sure hope these guys will give us a full-lenght downtempo track sometime in the future

THE GOOD: The force of dark trance basslines, combined with the agressiveness of forest trance, combined with the craziness of newschool. These guys surely know how to take the best out of every subgenre and make a truly unique and groundbreaking sound.

THE BAD: OK, if there was one negative thing I'd like to point out in this release is that it's too much on the agressive side of things. One or 2 more chilled tracks would've been a welcome change to my ears.

CONCLUSION: TRANCE OF THE FUTURE!!! This is definately my no. 1 trance release of 2010 and THE reference album against which I shall compare all new future releases. Really, if you don't listen to this one then you're missing out on something BIG!! 5/5
          “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
aless
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 10, 2010 18:25
realy good work it bring me the good memories from goa age

keep the great work Alien           ~.~ Psy party means Aliens World ~,~
"-Ever had that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?
-Mmmm, all the time.
-It's called mescaline... It
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alienapia - Goapocalipsis (Space Baby Records 2010)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance