Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alegria - Phonogen (Sunset Recordings - 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Alegria - Phonogen (Sunset Recordings - 2002)

___Nomad
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 23, 2002 19:57:18
1. Rheinbringer
2. One
3. Arabon (Oriental Rmx)
4. The Mission
5. Wicked Chicks
6. MDMA Test (Album Edit)
7. Buddy Groove
8. Chicachilla

i remember that many people asked about Alegria, so here you go, and although i know nothing about the dj himself (except the fact he's German) i can tell you about the music .
after several lp's and tracks on various compi's finally we get the album .
well it's really different from what i expected it to be, the album crosses over several styles (it is very housy, in terms of composition, structure, sounds and the general feel ) but it mainly stays within the limits of progressive but in a very unique and interesting way .
the music has very light, soothing, warm and groovy sound, for me personally it's best for home listening although there are a few parts that can and will make you dance, there're a lot of vocal samples weaved in and repeated and sometimes it can be kinda annoying .

T1 - from the start you can hear that this is experimental , with percussions that remind breakbeat, lots of claps ,nice sax samples and chords here and there, you can't really dance to this one coz it's not 4/4, but this is not the way the rest of album sounds .
T2 - starts off kinda long and tend to get on the nerves with the voice samples but the track itself really kicks in only after 3:23 and here you get those clubby sounds, nevertheless it is very danceable .
T3 - here the pace is up and now we're getting somewhere, good bassline,deep fat kick - nice one .
T4 - uses a lot of house sounds and touches, maybe i don't get it but i don't really like it at the moment .
T5 - again house oriented track but this one is really nice and funny, listen to the sample and laugh hard 8)
T6 - one of the favorites here, very good deep and groovy track .
T7 - another clubby piece, repetitive buddy groove for your body .
T8 - and to finish things up here comes a really good chill track, nice drums, percussions and floating dreamy sounds .

for conclusion this one's not psychedelic, it's not dark or hard, does not have the typical German sound and not all progressive/minimal style fans will like it, still it's is a good release, it's different and that's why i like it .
and i might add that plastic park/sunset rec. really should have a website, or update their page in chaishop .
none of the webshops have this in stock or even in upcoming section .
it's funny, unless you know someone who buys lp's and stay updated you wouldn't hear about it .
___starjoker
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 23, 2002 17:48:29
we have U mr Leon.. we lucky..

wait for hear this..

its housy ?? look like i gonna buy it..
___Nomad
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 23, 2002 18:05:55
i hope it's your style,
and i had some free time so why not post ;)
___MoDeRnMaDcHeN
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 25, 2002 02:35:00
Hopefully, you will have more free time to write more reviews, your skills are great! :)
___Nomad
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 25, 2002 06:03:21
thanks for the kind words and support ;)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alegria - Phonogen (Sunset Recordings - 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance