Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - AKD - Progressing (CD) - 2008 ~ Soulectro Music ~
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

AKD - Progressing (CD) - 2008 ~ Soulectro Music ~

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 19, 2008 00:16:34
SOULECTRO MUSIC

AKD: Progressing (CD)

1. Archaic myth
2. Alliance of love
3. Evolving spirits
4. Crystal storm breath
5. Purifying release
6. Freedom from reincarnation
7. Tender elevation
8. New style tran

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sec/sec1cd002.html

http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/sec1cd002_b.jpg

AKD is a 3 man project, based in a small town on the southern desert of Israel.
5 years after the release of their debut album, AKD have completed the work on their second album.
This album emphasizes the more Atmospheric, melodic and tender sides of progressive trance.

Style: Progress Trance

Released: Apr. 2008/18

This is imo the best release not considering genre in 2008. AKD provides us here a smooth progressive concept.
The baseline is driven by a good kick. Reminds me of reefer decree - sound frames album.
Back then this pattern was experienced as revolutionary and it was. Shiva chandra style is an option too
but not the typical back and fort. The drive never gets influenced by fullon elements.
Mostly new progressive has more fullon influences and if it doesn't electro/house are the direction it's more headed to,
compared to other progressive. If you like subtle trance trust me this is what you are looking for.
I would even dare to say that most sounds are ambient sounds floating over a good motivated baseline. No full climaxes,
a pure subtle way of surfing on the waves of sound. The contrast of the fact that it's so minimal in expression creates
the opportunity to build peaks by just stopping the baseline, starting again with some new sounds. The concept is extremely
warm and almost relaxing. The variations of the baselines and sounds are constantly different. Its not like liquid soul
where the advancement are in pattern the same but liquid soul uses more layer trance directions to build peaks.
AKD doesn't, each track they end with a very unique sound, subtle melody that creates the need for more...
This is one layer trance, or so you experience it. The artist mentioned before by exotic was cosma and indeed the entire album
reminds me of it, especially the first three tracks of it's latest and last album "non stop", as we al know. It's great to hear
this kind of progressive it still alive. That feeling of infinity what was a main mark of goatrance is absolute present.
You can put this release on repeat and it won't bother you.

More of this please, I have been waiting for a long time

grtz k          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : May 19, 2008 00:25
thanks for the mention dude.

i really love this album. has the potential to be remembered for a long time to come.

rarely has a album been played by me, so often like the way ive played this one.

respect AKD.

missing plug-in
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 19, 2008 16:17
I loved the first album, so I had some expectations for the follow-up, but sadly it was somewhat of a disappointment.

The first track is actually quite good, but after that it goes downhill. Most of it sounds way too much alike, and some of the tracks are destroyed by blatant overuse of female vocals.

I really wanted to like it, but even though it overall sounds relatively pleasant, it didn't move me in any way as much as the first album.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : May 19, 2008 16:49
I really like this album.
Maybe it's missing some very very good tracks, the ones which play in your head during the day, but definately one of the best Progressive releases, so far this year.
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 21, 2008 10:54
very dreamy,laid back,uplifting album.thx AKD for keeping psy-proggy still alive.
604delic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 25, 2014 19:52
AKD = After Kick Development
3 dudes from a small town in Israel.
Tight proggy-psy production!! May not be "intense psychedelic" according to some folks but hey, proggy music is good being light without those intense moments as well
Still play this disc in my car,solid production & brings me back to those glory days of the scene.
Each track unfolds in a unique way keeping the groove intact!
Epic stuff!

Thnx AKD
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - AKD - Progressing (CD) - 2008 ~ Soulectro Music ~

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance