There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Travel - Africa
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Africa

psylosopho

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 19, 2009 11:16:27
Have you been before in any country in Africa?
How was your experience?
I was in Morocco and is highly recomended (not for Israelies because they can't go there I think), and is many psy-trance parties there like Transahara in April or Rithms of peace in August, and other in the new years date...,places like Marrakesh, Agadir, Chefchaouen (in the mountains), Fez, Meknes...,is an incredible country.
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Jun 16, 2010 12:02
Tunisia, as long as you get out of the tourist scene and go south, towards the desert, very nice country and people, it was a lot of fun!

Even got invited to dinner, during Ramadan...           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
Maine Coon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 20, 2010 21:42
Morocco is wonderful indeed!
It is very diverse ethnically and culturally and very open to different ways of live. You can see people dressed in traditional jelabas right next to completely Western looking people, women covered head to toe right next to others in jeans or mini-skirts. Some people fast twice a week and pray a dozen times a day, others spend their time in bars – with every life style in between. It’s all fine by everybody. It is officially a Muslim country and Sharia figures prominently in matters of inheritance, for example. But the police will not chase you down the street with a stick because they can see your knees (like it happened to my friend in Saudi Arabia). The government (i.e. the royal family) makes sure to keep extremists in check, so the political situation is very stable and most places are safe. There is still some internal tension in the South and a very bad relationship with Algeria – but it does not affect tourists in any way. Also, there is no big love lost between Spaniards and Moroccans, but tourists from both countries cross Gibraltar and have good time on both sides nonetheless.

About visas: US and EU citizens don’t need any. AFAIK, neither do Canadians and Egyptians. Don’t know about others.

As far as Israel is concerned: some Arabic countries will not let you in even if you just have an Israeli stamp in your passport – Morocco is not one of them. And yes, Israeli passport is fine there too (may need a visa – I am not sure).
mentalcandy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 22, 2010 08:13
Nigeria, stayed there for 3 years........... african culture is full of fun and funkiness.... if i ever have money gonna go stay there for 6months.....           Sorting scenezzzZ to find the ultimate chill :DD
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 8, 2010 17:09
I ve been to Egypt, it's fun and people are funny! I would go to Tanzania one day.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Travel - Africa

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance