Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Aes Dana- Season 5 (Ultimae, 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Aes Dana- Season 5 (Ultimae, 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Apr 28, 2003 11:46
Aes Dana- Season 5 (Ultimae, 2002)
1. Natti Natti 7:01
2. Peripherics 7:15
3. Season 5 8:46
4. Undertow 6:54
5. Gatewick (vinyl airport delay) 7:37
6. Dew (herbal version) 6:18
7. Chrysalis 7:48
8. Onset Data 7:23
9. Forest Fish 5:15
10. Suspended Grounds 5:37

Well, I've heard a lot about Ultimae, an independent French ambient label with an idealistic chill vision, but haven't heard their music yet. Just got their three last releases and I'm a very happy man for it- also more relaxed.
Season 5 is one of these albums that you put in the background and do your thing, whatever it is, and then you find yourself running to the CD player to check "what track was that" every time you play it, and it's always a different track. And so, I'm already in love with this album, and there's still time to find new things. Season 5 is a relaxing story that develops slowly and with a flow, it's all about atmosphere, it's all about emotional sounds and melodies, and it's all done in such a subtle way, and still manages to penetrate and touch you deep inside. The story develops from a very relaxed background start with Natti Natti, builds more of an atmosphere in Peripherics, goes deeper with a psychedelic touch in the excellent Season 5, then sails to light emotional melodic realms in Undertow and the Astral-like Gatewick. The sailing continues with the very liquid, watery Dew & Onset Data, visits foreign atmospheres with some vocal and ethnic touches in the caressing Onset Data and Forest Fish, and it all ends in the abstract floating suspended sounds of Suspended grounds.
This is an album and it should be listened to as an album. It's a beautiful highly recommended release with great music inside a beautiful cover that I have a feeling will be a good companion for a long time for me.

Bottom Line: Excellent relaxed journey to dive into and float around with. Highly recommended. Favorites: 3, 4, 5(!), 6(!), 8, 10.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 22, 2003 12:02
I got this CD some time ago and I gave it a listen today.
It's just great, first it gave me goosebumps and then it took me somewhere else.
It has just the right mood to fill me with emotions, it's calm, yet melodic, it's like an ocean... it just takes me to space.
As I said it is filled with the mood I like most in music, especially in ambient music. It is sad, yet it shows you the light. Gives you a feeling of something bigger than life... well, that's the way it worked on me for the first couple of listens.

Ok now, let's calm down a little and put my emotions aside - it is a very very good CD, crystal clear sound, beauty inside, high quality production - recommended!
Ultimae is the kind of label with the right sound for me, will try to collect all their releases now.

Music is magic!

P.S. And Season 5 is an unbelievable track!
Morpheus Music
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Mar 30, 2005 15:51
I know we're really late on this one - but still......here's our review anyway:

STYLE

Downtempo 'morning' trance with ambient passages and smooth textures among the beats. Packed with interesting ephemera such as ethnic hits, whales, whispering voices and electronic flutterings - Season 5 is at its best when straying farthest from its trance roots. Warbling analog cycles and bubbling sequences weave in and out among programmed grooves that are alternately as light as a feather and then throbbing with dance floor intensity.

MOOD Immersive, flowing chillout with exotic atmospheres. Aes Dana take time building up tracks making subtle use of rolling repetition in a way that constantly brings different details to the surface creating a restful mood even during the more up-tempo sections of the album. The frequent swells and synth pads soften the arpeggios and filtered loops, especially as tracks fade into one another, forming continuous fluid progression that soothes and stirs at the same time.

ARTWORK A rich Ultimae digipack cocoons this CD among photographs of ladybirds, dandelions and technical recording gear. The back cover image of a flower is so up-close an intimate that we're drawn into its sensual and intoxicating curves before even glancing at the text. Track titles Undertow, Chrysalis and Forest Fish carry us deeper in Aes Dana's vision of exotica. The black panels that border all of Ultimae's packages emphasise the richness of the imagery and work to separate section of text easily for the eye.

OVERALL Season 5, we are told is the "in-between season, the one which does not exist but can at times be perceived. It could be the Indian summer or the beginning of Spring, something contrasted and filled with unusual lights." Aes Dana evokes this 'season' with a fluid montage of waves slightly tribal beats and breezy atmospheres. Starting gently, this album grows slowly into a montage of mild pumping basses and downtempo sequences strung with samples and colourful seams until once again the tide ebbs away and the beats subside into a meandering ambience.

WHO WILL LIKE THIS ALBUM Electronic chill-out listeners - someone looking for a less aggressive trance music to while away the later hours or early mornings. Season 5 will suit fans of ambient dance music; those looking for exotic downtempo outings yet still maintaining a solid beat.

All the best,
Paul

PS - now all we need is Aftermath          MORPHEUS MUSIC
www.morpheusmusic.co.uk
ELECTRONIC MUSIC MALL
http://www.electronicmusicmall.com
Omiqproject
Omiq Project

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 3, 2005 00:05
one of the most beautiful albums i know =)           ===============================
...when we awake into a dream!
http://omiq-project.goagadar.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Aes Dana- Season 5 (Ultimae, 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance