Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - ADF - Doubts (Feed Me, February 2006) 12"
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ADF - Doubts (Feed Me, February 2006) 12"

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 22:02
Artist: ADF
Title: Doubts
Label: Feed Me
Format: 12"
Released: February, 2006

Review:

If you're a fan of progressive house/trance crossover music, chances are that you are already acquainted with Feed Me Records. The label is based in Portugal, and was launched in 2003 by Diogo Gomes - a man psytrance fans also might know for his recent partnership with Pena in the new full on label Hyperflow. The first EP on Feed Me Records was Karl Axel Bissler and Minilogues "Join The Minikab", and since then 7 other EP's have been released, featuring artists like Filur (Seb of Son Kite/Minilogue fame), Kasey Taylor & Chris Meehan, Greed, André Absolut and Chris Micali.

The latest and 9th EP is ADF's "Doubts" - and it is the 2nd release from the Italian artist on Feed Me Records.

A. ADF - Doubts (Joshua Collins Atlantic Mix) [126 BPM]
First out is an "Atlanic" mix by Joshua Collins, a well-respected artist who have released on labels like Pangea and Hooj Choons. His mix is a phat and rocking electro groover with a really lush and raw techy sound - psytrance fans might find clear resemblances to some of the stuff from the last Midimiliz album "Non Standards". I am personally more into the progressive realsm, but this is without a doubt a really high quality remix.

B. ADF - Doubts (Original Fluid Mix) [128 BPM]
The original is by ADF from Italy, who also released on an EP from Feed Me Records in 2005, and besides that have appeared on labels like Baroque and its sidelabel Method. Compared to the Joshua Collins mix, this is much more straightforward, with a sick, addictive groove, euphoric takeoffs and subtle layers of melodies. A stunning track on its own, and without a doubt my personal favourite of the two.

Bottom line:

A release of high quality with two really different tracks - the original being quite straightforward progressive house with slightly trancy influences, and the Joshua Collins remix being a cool techy electro-smasher. My personal favourite is the original, but both versions are very enjoyable - a recommended and versatile DJ-tool.

Favourites:

1, 2 (!!)

Verdict:

8/10

Link:

Feed Me Records: http://www.feedmerecords.com
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Steve Sai
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 8, 2006 22:00
Great e'p for sure.. i like a bit more the original mix..
Thanks..

dj Stiv Sai
http://harmonia-records.com
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 10, 2006 16:27
Awsome release,
both sides are damm good on their own,the joshua collins mix for sexy electro sets,and the epic-feel original mix for house to prog-trance sets...

Double thumbs up for Diogo and da crew
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - ADF - Doubts (Feed Me, February 2006) 12"

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance