Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJ Sets - 2008 demo by Viral Spiral - full power/dark trance
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2008 demo by Viral Spiral - full power/dark trance

raverstan

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 22, 2008 20:13
The collaborative effort of two djs, Dex and Goatone, Viral Spiral is the twisted journey down the rabbit hole. This is 4am rip-your-soul-out psychedelic.

www.djmix.net/goatone/mixes/viralspiral

1. Shiva Chandra - Schaukelstuhl (Bitmonx rmx) [Spirit Zone]
2. Hux Flux - Telex 44 Null [Spiral Trax]
3. Hutti Heita - Sailing in the Sky [Yggdrasil]
4. Grapes of Wrath - 48 Krunchy [Parvati]
5. Parasense - Meteor Shield [Acid Dance]
6. Kindzadza - What Has Begun Cannot Be Stopped [unreleased]
7. Highko - Travel in Reverse [Noise Poison]
8. Module - Fried Chicken and Gasonline [Phar Psyde]
9. Samadhi - Orange [Temple Twister]
10. Rinkadink - Kookykaboom (Total Craken rmx) [Etnica.net]
11. Deviant Species - Iophant [Ambivalent]
12. unknown
13. Materia - Violera [24/7]
14. The Misted Muppet - The Mist [Trancelucent Productions]
15. Dari Sana - Bang [Yellow Sunshine Explosion]

www.djmix.net/goatone/mixes/viralspiral
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 23, 2008 01:03
4 am rip-your-soul-out psychedelic... i think not, just my opinion. firstly you've got some track names wrong like the grapes of wrath track which is actually meteloids. i think the progression from shiva chandra - kindzadza - rinkadink - dari sana all in the matter of 1-2 hours is ridiculous. i dont see any story in this. dont take it personally, just an opinion : ) cheers
raverstan

Posted : Jan 23, 2008 20:58
Quote:

On 2008-01-23 01:03, zmandan wrote:
4 am rip-your-soul-out psychedelic... i think not, just my opinion. firstly you've got some track names wrong like the grapes of wrath track which is actually meteloids. i think the progression from shiva chandra - kindzadza - rinkadink - dari sana all in the matter of 1-2 hours is ridiculous. i dont see any story in this. dont take it personally, just an opinion : ) cheers

well im glad we have a trance mix guru in our midst. thanks for the positive vibes buddy
Dex

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 26, 2008 05:46
It's cool if you dislike the mix but it is not cool if you want to be a douche bag about it.
raverstan

Posted : Jan 28, 2008 23:38
my apologies. my counterpart is a little more forward about these things...

alot of people did like this mix and left positive remarks...it does not bother me that someone had some less than uplifting things to say about it. What bothers me is the manner in which that opinion was voiced on a public forum. I will admit that dark/full power trance is still relatively new for me. Morning trance is my forte (www.djmix.net/goatone/mixes/anjunadawn), but Dex and I did spend alot of time compiling the material for this mix, and I think there can be no argument in that these are all quality tracks. As far as the story that is told, well, some might say that is more a matter of opinion. I would be suprised if zmandan even listened to it. But he was absolutely correct that the 4th track is mislabeled.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 30, 2008 00:33
You are right i didn't listen to it... there reason being i can tell i wouldn't enjoy a Kindzadza to Misted Puppet transition in half an hour, it just doesn't work that way...

Also track 6 is not unreleased. In fact its actually Kindzadza vs. Jahbo = Kinjahjah which released on Parvati Records VA - Psystories :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pav/pav1cd010.html

Good luck
NIKTHEQUICK

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 30, 2008 19:18
i can see what zmandan is saying...same opinion....next time tho dont say ridiculous!...
i appreciate you pushing it to full power dark trance tho....just dont include Misted muppet in the next....doesnt fit!
i like also the idea of suomi track at beginning but in a longer set.....

bholenath
raverstan

Posted : Feb 3, 2008 01:00
I would be interested to see either nickthequick's or zmandan's reaction after they have actually listened to the mix. I never pass judgement on a mix before I have actually listened to it...
Robe3ö

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 3, 2008 16:18
the secret of a happy life is when you don't get bothered by nothing anymore, oh so wonderfull, the law of nature...

nice mix btw, I had to collect all the pieces of my soul again ;o)

namaste
NIKTHEQUICK

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Feb 5, 2008 12:55
heard it last night....i confirm what i said before!

(which i thought was constructive criticism to help you in the future....it was pretty obvious before hearing it, that you chose too many too different styles to make them fit in 2 hrs long set......maybe in 6 hours yes....!)

bholenath
Zero-Blade
Zero-Blade

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Feb 6, 2008 04:12
My 2 cents:

First, this is in no way a 4am rip-your-soul-out psychedelic, atleast not all of it. Didn't like the track selection that much - it begins not so powerfull, than get's some heat going on from Grapes of Wrath until Highko, than a major break IMO with the Module track, before the banging Samadhi, and than starts getting to morning sound?

And this is in no way "dark". Please, stop referring to full power music as "dark".

Plus, there were some major flaws in mixing IMO - it may just be me, but in some transitions you lower the bass of the two tracks too much and gets a feeling of something missing. I don't think that's a good idea.

P.s. The end of the mix sounds sooo cheesy...

Next time do better! And if you want to mix really full power psychedelic don't start so light and don't end so cheesy.

Overall, I liked it, but for me, it's not something that will make me go "AAAAARGHHHT!!"           Triplag Music
http://www.triplag.com/

Zero-Blade
http://www.zero-blade.com/
raverstan

Posted : Feb 6, 2008 21:59
Thank you both for taking the time to sit down and listen to it. The constructive criticism is much appreciated
Zoopy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Feb 13, 2008 06:52
please stop calling "MAROON GOOSE TRANCE", "dark" okay zero blade?
Zero-Blade
Zero-Blade

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Feb 13, 2008 12:12
Quote:

On 2008-02-13 06:52, Zoopy wrote:
please stop calling "MAROON GOOSE TRANCE", "dark" okay zero blade?

I don't call any music dark. And what the hell is maroon goose trance? Your own style?           Triplag Music
http://www.triplag.com/

Zero-Blade
http://www.zero-blade.com/
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJ Sets - 2008 demo by Viral Spiral - full power/dark trance

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance