Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - 140 morning , label material??????
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

140 morning , label material??????

hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 03:15
http://three.fsphost.com/kroniktemp/

iĀ“m not done with the end of the trk.
i got some pretty good feedback on this one.
please check it
peace
malavasi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 03:43
Man, I am realy picky with fullon, just like a few.... so I didnt like your track. Not shure what to say, but im my opinion its kneeds more well grown trips, some times it gets empty... understand?

But for sure you are in the right track and we will here from you in the future.

Peace
pavaka
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 10:37
hey there.. just heard plasma..
really nice tune mate.. cool fx. and great synth work!
but everything sounds too upfront.. all the layers on top of each other.. sometimes i mean..
and there s one synth sound thats there in the whole track all continiously which i didnt like.. too monotonous
but great work mate.. like ur style..

peace           www.soundcloud.com/pavaka

www.myspace.com/pavakadeej

www.myspace.com/shroomhunters
hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 3, 2006 20:07
thkz fpr the comments guys, really apreciate the sincerity, as you all know, the newwer trks are a lot better than this one, hehehehe
but for sure i wont give up on this one.
iĀ“m going to try a new way to fill in this track, with new synths, and try a different bass.

and about those layers.... YES thatĀ“s a problem i constantly try to overcome, man itĀ“s just hard to keep it simple!!!! but this i believe is a matter not just of knowledge on EQ tips and stuff, its about my EAR!!!!
and some say u have to own a god gifted ear to be a great producer. if thatĀ“s tru, it is over for me.
but i will not @#$#@$# quit, dont ever let anyone say anything like that to you.

MY EAR WILL IMPROVE

more comments please, any sugestions??
hummingbird

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 18:44

* Spend a bit more time selecting&mixing your reverb patches, you'll know you have it right when you hear space and not reverb, too little is always better than too much.

* Hi-Hats could come down a bit in the mix - I also always end up mixing them too loud - they're mostly HF content so always cut through everything.

* There's a lot of passion in your writing. Nice.

* Really like the idea after the break at 3:20 - you could even stretch the minimalism a bit and get away with it

* Nice meter change break @ ~6 minutes!

Ear Development Tip:

1. Get yourself a drum. Any drum.

2. Go sit in a quiet place during a quiet part of your day.

3. Start off with a simple repetitive triplet or sixteenths pattern.

4. Just keep tapping out that rhythm until you're no longer thinking about it.

5. Now listen to the drum. Pick out the sound of the different parts of the pattern. Focus on one beat for a while. Then focus on another beat. Listen carefully to each and every beat until you can really hear the rhythm in it's entirety.

6. Slowly and carefully try changing the pattern very simply. Maybe play one beat on the edge of the drum instead of the middle or something like that.

7. Keep listening.

8. Repeat until the magic starts to happen.

Other instruments are fine as well, I just think a drum is easier.

http://soundcloud.com/seasons_end
hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 5, 2006 15:29
thanks for the kind word humminbird,
i really apreciate a review like that man. hereĀ“s the irony, iĀ“m a drummer aiuhauihaiuha!!!! i play the drums for a bout 9 years now, and still i wasnt able to develop good music ears. but iĀ“ll try this exrecise anyway hehee,
about those reverbs, iĀ“m really going to star watching out for that.
the hhs are becoming a problem for me, some say itĀ“s my monitors, i use m audio bx5, and definitely my sound out of my monitors comes with much deeper bass, and less HF than any other speaker, so i try to compensate by ear, but thatĀ“s really hard.
any suggestions????
thx again for the reviewzz
hummingbird

Posted : Jun 5, 2006 17:09
Quote:

. hereĀ“s the irony, iĀ“m a drummer aiuhauihaiuha!!!!

*rotfl*

Quote:

the hhs are becoming a problem for me, some say itĀ“s my monitors, i use m audio bx5, and definitely my sound out of my monitors comes with much deeper bass, and less HF than any other speaker, so i try to compensate by ear, but thatĀ“s really hard.
any suggestions????

Hmmm... ponder...

What shape&size is the room you work in?

Where are you working in the room and how do you have your speakers layed out?

What does it sound like when you clap your hands in the room? Dead? Echo-ey?

What does it sound like when you stomp your foot in the room?

hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 5, 2006 19:05
thanks for the attention bird

my room is rectangular sized, its about 3 x 5 meters. the speakers are in the upper left corner facing my drumset.
===
!* :0
!* ^
!
!
!

when i clap my hands, it doesnt sound so echo-ey...
neither when i stomp, except for some frequencies that tend to shake the drums, the roomĀ“s acoustics not so bad. i put the monitors exactly half a meter away from each other. the monitorĀ“s manual advised a meter away i believe, do u think thatĀ“s the problem?????

iĀ“m changing the speakers position right away.

p.s. when i-m in the drumset, i hear the music way better than when iĀ“m actually sittin in front of the pc, much more clear, and punchy bass
hummingbird

Posted : Jun 5, 2006 20:13
Quote:

thanks for the attention bird

Big plesh, keeps me off the streets

Hmmm... room is a not a bad size, good that you have nice acoustics too -> the single biggest things you can do to improve your sound is as follows:

. Work with your speakers at ear level. i.e. upright with the point between the tweeter and the driver at the same level as your ear. Otherwise the sound will shift radically every time you move your head even the slightest bit.

i.e.

+-----+
|.......D Tweeter
|.......| --------> @ Ear
|.......]
|.......] Driver
|.......]
|.......|
+-----+

. Place speakers in the center of the wall which is facing down the longest end with your workspace in and chair in front of them.

i.e.

3m
+-------------+
|.._______..|
|..|#.....#|..|
|..|.......|..| 5m
|..---------..|
|......C......|

#= speakers
C= chair

. Twist your speakers so that they are facing towards you when you sit in front of them. Somewhere between 40->50 degrees. You want to get right in the middle of the sweet spot when you are working. Ideally the speakers will form an equilateral triangle with your head at the apex. (The reason you want it in the center of the room is so that you're getting the same sound from each speaker, the reason to face it down the long side of the room is so that you lessen the impact of low frequencies bouncing back at you)

. 1/2 metre is a bit close together, you're going to have difficulty working the stereo field.

. If you have bass ports at the back of the speakers (look for a hole, if there's a hole you have bass ports) you will want to put the speakers at least a foot away from the wall behind them otherwise it's going to sound really muddy.

If you can't move your setup to the center of the wall then the consolation prize is if you set up as follows:

+--------------
|......#
|
|.#...C
|

Where 'C' is your chair facing towards the corner of the room.

Hope this helps!!!

hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 6, 2006 00:50
great to know uĀ“re helpin me instead of breakin stuff man!!!!

that really helped, iĀ“m arranging a new way to transform my table to the center of the room.
wont be easy, but iĀ“ll find a way to lift the speakers up also, the roomĀ“s a little bit complicated but iĀ“ll adjust it
to the first choice if possible

keep on hummin mate

thx a lot for the help
the new trk will really show improvement
iĀ“m working on something more steady, beach fullon
peace
hummingbird

Posted : Jun 6, 2006 09:08

Big plesh

Sorting out my room saved me a lot of money I was going to spend on gear I actually didn't need so I hope it helps you too.

Looking forward to hearing more!           http://soundcloud.com/seasons_end
hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 7, 2006 14:18
wow dude

you should see what you made me do to my room!!!
datĀ“s some funny shit man, itĀ“s way better now.
i fixed me a way so everything is at the center of the room facing the deepest end.

now i have one problem though

i had to improvise a table for the pc to be placed like that, but this tableĀ“s too small and has no space under it to place my knees....
so i end up workin in a really bad position causing back pain.

the solution iĀ“m thinkin:
place the pc on the original table, and leave the speakers at the original position
so the speakers will be to my right,
i would have to turn all the time,
but i know it wont hurt my back as much,
do you think thatĀ“s ok????

p.s. the sound already comes out pretty diferent, definitely better
hummingbird

Posted : Jun 7, 2006 20:44
Quote:

i had to improvise a table for the pc to be placed like that, but this tableĀ“s too small and has no space under it to place my knees....
so i end up workin in a really bad position causing back pain.

Hahaha! _Rough_ dude!

*bops hnmbatera68 with some scaffolding and a couple of planks*

That should sort ya out

Quote:

p.s. the sound already comes out pretty diferent, definitely better

Tres cool!

hnmbatera68
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 8, 2006 00:53

Quote:

*bops hnmbatera68 with some scaffolding and a couple of planks*

That should sort ya out

hehehehehe
iĀ“d be there upside down if i had to

the roomĀ“s messed up as it is
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - 140 morning , label material??????

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance